Download this app to your desktop
A Tasker plugin to get the Jewish/Hebrew Date and Zmanim. Add as an action in a Tasker task or profile. Choose a location. The action will create Tasker variables for the current Jewish Date.
- Creates Tasker variables for the current Jewish Date
- Hebrew or English text
- Long date description that includes the Parsha of the week, Candle Lighting times and special days (Rosh Chodesh, Channukah etc.)
- Zmanim available as variables
Some examples of things you can do:
- Display the Jewish Date on your lock screen or launcher using DashClock (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nurik.roman.dashclock) with DashClock Tasker Extension (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schluderer.apps.t2d).
- Make a custom Jewish Date widget with Zoom (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.zoom) or Zooper Widget (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zooper.zwfree&hl=en)
- Get Jewish Date notifications
- Turn your phone on Shabbos mode (Silent, airplane mode, start a clock app etc.) at candle lighting time
- Make a custom Mincha reminder before sunset complete with a button to launch Mincha on your Siddur app
- Use a combination of IFTTT (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ifttt.ifttt) and a WeMo outlet (or any other WiFi outlet) to turn your phone into a Shabbos clock that can control your house lights.
Automate Tasker actions based on Zmanim:
- Create a new profile that runs at a set time
- Use the plugin to find the zman you want to automate at
- Store in a global variable (e.g. %candleLightingTime)
- Make a new Tasker profile with the time context and set the time to the variable you created
- Add any action you want for the profile
(Tasker needs to be in advanced mode for this)
Tasker is required: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm
Note: This app does not have its own interface. You can find it in the Plugin section of Tasker when you make a new action.